If you grind your teeth at night, then you are putting your oral health in danger. Without treatment or precautions, you could wear down your tooth enamel, which can damage your teeth and lead to a hurricane of problems. That is why treating bruxism is important. However, many people do not recognize they have this condition. That is why, our dentists with American Dental Center in North Miami, Florida, are happy to share some information on the warning signs of gum disease.
The warning signs and symptoms of gum disease include:
– If you find yourself routinely grinding your teeth unconsciously due to stress or other issues, it is often the result of bruxism.
– If you begin to notice that your teeth are flat or worn or have any signs of fractures or splits, bruxism could be at hand.
– Bruxism often leads to issues with muscle pain and facial soreness.
– Earaches that do not originate in your ears or headaches that originate in your temples are signs of bruxism.
– If the inner linings of your teeth are heavily chewed, it is often the result of bruxism.
– Irregular and abnormal markings on your tongue could be due to bruxism.
If you have any of these symptoms, please come by our office or call us at 305-625-5400 to make an appointment today. There are treatments available to protect your teeth and your oral health. So, call us today and let Dr. Rafah Abdelmonem, Dr. Peter Rossen, or Dr. Wayne Berry help protect your teeth from bruxism.