While you are traveling to far off, fun, and exciting places this holiday season, you want to make sure you are keeping your smile in check. Dr. Rafah Abdelmonem and our dental team want you to follow these tips to ensure you’re giving your smile the care it deserves:
– Schedule an exam and cleaning at least twice a year to ensure your smile is healthy and ready to go on any adventure.
– Traveling to a desolate area and you forget your toothbrush? No problem! You can use your finger or a washcloth to clean your teeth, and then rinse vigorously with water. Don’t make this a habit though, so purchase a toothbrush ASAP.
– Avoid germs and bacteria by keeping your toothbrushes clean, by either purchasing a toothbrush case or wrapping them in resealable plastic bags.
– 20 minutes after a meal, chew gum to help avoid cavities. This helps with saliva flow, washing away bacteria. Be sure to look for the ADA Seal of Acceptance when purchasing gum.
– Keep your dentist’s contact information at the ready just in case an emergency occurs. This is to contact us when you need dental assistance.
– Ask your concierge for recommendations if you are traveling overseas for the best dental practices in the area in case of an emergency. Contact the closest dental office to help preserve your smile.
In case of an emergency, schedule an appointment with as soon as you get back. Call Dr. Rafah Abdelmonem and our dental professionals at American Dental Center at 305-625-5400 if you have any questions or need to make an appointment. Our dental office here in North Miami, Florida, will be happy to give your smile the care it needs today!