Endodontics refers to a specialty branch in dentistry devoted to caring for the tissues in the innermost part of the tooth, otherwise known as the pulp. The most common treatment associated with endodontics is a root canal. For a better understanding of the basic facts on root canals, read on:
– Dr. Abdelmonem, Dr. Rossen, and Dr. Berry are trained to save broken or damaged teeth that otherwise would probably need to be extracted and replaced by performing a root canal.
– A root canal consists of removing the inner pulp from the tooth in cases where it has been infected.
– A tooth can survive without its pulp after it is fully grown.
– It is not uncommon for teeth that have had a root canal treatment to last a lifetime.
– By saving a tooth with root canal treatment, your tooth will be better able to comfortably chew foods, will still look natural, and will keep your other teeth healthy and safe from the dangers that come with spaces in the mouth caused by lost teeth.
Don’t wait until it’s too late for a root canal. If you would like to know if you need endodontic therapy, please schedule an appointment with our dentists in North Miami, Florida, by calling American Dental Center at 305-625-5400. We look forward to seeing you soon!